gcc -mt errors on Solaris i386

joelbberk@netscape.net joelbberk@netscape.net
Tue Mar 7 18:28:00 GMT 2006

I am running gcc 3.4.5 compiled on Solaris 10 i386 with posix threads.
When I try to compile some downloaded tarballs (especially those that use
the gtk+ libs), the configure-generated Makefiles pass -mt to gcc, which
causes an "illegal option error t" from cc1.  The -mt is not a valid
threads flag for cc1.  Does fixing this involve recompiling gcc with
solaris threads enabled, or something else?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Joel Berkowitz

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.