Assembler error: file already allocated

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese@indel.ch
Fri Mar 31 13:54:00 GMT 2006

Hi

I have an error I can't make anything out of it:
N:\PPC\bin40\Inco_itm.s: Assembler messages:
N:\PPC\bin40\Inco_itm.s:1523: Error: file number 1 already allocated
N:\PPC\bin40\Inos.s: Assembler messages:
N:\PPC\bin40\Inos.s:333: Error: file number 1 already allocated

Most files compile fine, just some few, possibly big files give this error.
>From a post from 2002 this should be fixed in gcc long time ago:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-09/msg00737.html

But I have some new tools:
N:\IMD\Bin\Gnu40>gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.2

N:\IMD\Bin\Gnu40>as --version
GNU assembler 2.16.1
This assembler was configured for a target of `powerpc-eabi'.

And it only happens when specifying -gdwarf-2, I don't have this problem
when using -gstabs.

Any hints?

Thanks

bye  Fabi