Dynamic Library (shared libraries)

Montenegro, Alejandro amontenegro@sandc.com
Thu Mar 30 21:00:00 GMT 2006

HI,
I was wondering if it is possible to generate dynamic libraries using
GNU.
I have a program that uses different functions from FORTRAN and from C (
see the content of makefile below), and I would like not to have to
recompile and build  it every time I change one of the files ( in this
particular case the file called SPIRITI.o).
Is there any way I can create an executable and still be able to access
"modified" functions without having to rebuild the entire project?

Thanks

Almonleo

************************************* makefile
CC=gcc
FOR=g77
OBJECTS =dimdef.o \
	newmods.o \
	comtac.o \
	fgnmod.o \
	usernl.o \
	analyt.o \
	devt69.o \
	usrfun.o \
	hopcod.o \
	user10.o \
	SPIRIT.o \
CFLAGS =  -DUNDERSCORE -O2
FFLAGS = -O2
IMAGE=tpbig.exe
LIBRARY = tpbig.a dislin.a -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32
.f.o:
	$(FOR) -c $(FFLAGS) $<
.c.o:
	$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $<
$(IMAGE) : $(OBJECTS)
	$(FOR) -s -o $(IMAGE) $(OBJECTS) $(LIBRARY)