Cannot find -lgc error

Mehmet Buyukozer mehmet@sonofnights.com
Tue Mar 14 04:27:00 GMT 2006

Hi Everybody,

I've a problem with compiling a source code under cygwin. I tried to find
online sources about the problem on google also tried to search on archieves
of gcc mailing lists and documentation but could not find anything. As far
as I saw the results on google, -lm and -lgc arguments are commonly used on
system based applications but I could not find documentation them. If you're
aware of a documentation about using these kind of arguments please send me
the link.

Here is the error, I am getting from gcc when I call 'make' in bash.

gcc -ansi -O2 -finline -funroll-loops -o ColorFeatures ColorFeatures.o
image.o imageIO.o helper.o rotate.o centroid.o ColorAsymmetry.o
read_header.o -lm -lgc
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
find -lgc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ColorFeatures] Error 1

Higly appreciate your help.