Problem while building gcc-3.3 On HP-UX

Mohamed KAABI mohamed.kaabi@st.com
Fri Mar 10 17:00:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to install gcc 3.3 on a HP-UX machine. I'm using gcc 4.0.2 (which I downloaded as a pre compiled binary) and I'm using "gmake".

The configure step passes alright (as it doesn't prompt me with any error message) but when I launch gmake I first remarked many warnings! And finally I get the following error:

gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I. -I./../include  -W -Wall -Wtraditional -pedantic concat.c -o concat.o
concat.c: In function 'concat_length':
concat.c:112: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function definitions
concat.c:115: warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
concat.c: In function 'concat_copy':
concat.c:127: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function definitions
concat.c:130: warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
concat.c: In function 'concat_copy2':
concat.c:146: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function definitions
concat.c:147: warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
concat.c: In function 'concat':
concat.c:157: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function definitions
concat.c:161: warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
concat.c:167: warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
concat.c: In function 'reconcat':
concat.c:194: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function definitions
concat.c:198: warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
concat.c:205: warning: second parameter of 'va_start' not last named argument
concat.c:198: warning: 'args' is used uninitialized in this function
concat.c:205: warning: 'args' is used uninitialized in this function
concat.c:198: internal compiler error: in convert_move, at expr.c:339
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
gmake[1]: *** [concat.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/sw/master/gcc/gcc-3.3/libiberty'
gmake: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2

Could you please help me?

Thanks and regards,
Mohamed.