specs file for 4.1.1

Gerhard Theurich gtheurich@sgi.com
Thu Jun 1 21:57:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
I just installed the complete GCC 4.1.1 from source on a Linux-ia32 machine.
Since I did not install into a system default location I wanted to set the
-rpath option in the specs file as it is mentioned in the faq (in order to
encode the correct seach path for the loader). So I added a file named "specs"
into the same directory where cc1 is located (as per instruction in the faq).
However, the specs I define in this file are _not_ picked up by any of the
front-ends. In fact "gcc --print-file specs" does not return a path, just
"specs". What's going on? Thanks,
-Gerhard