Compiling applications for the new SMP processors

Jerin Joy jerinjoy@gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 10:55:00 GMT 2006

response to an old query:
I came across the 'mtune' option for gcc:
http://www.dis.com/gnu/gcc/i386-and-x86-64-Options.html

which allows me to specify my instruction set version. Can I achieve
better performance in my applications (firefox, thunderbird) by
specifying my instruction set with this option when compiling from
source?
I was also looking for this in addition to the SMP support.

thanks,
Jerin

--
http://jerinj.blogspot.com/