gcc -mspe -misel

Blake Huff stangmechanic@gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:58:00 GMT 2006

Hi Juergen:

As near as I can tell from the documentation, all of those options
simply allow the compiler to generate the code, it won't necessarily
do so unless you either write specific code, or you use a flag like -
ftree-vectorize.     Another possibility is that the compiler simply
didn't find a location in the program where use of SPE options was
practical/useful.   I'd imagine that the automatic compiler use of
these options is rather limited.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Blake

On Jan 26, 2006, at 1:45 AM, Frank Juergen-r58616 wrote:

> Hi !!
>
> I use the gcc for the PowerPC with the options -mspe=yes,  -
> misel=yes and -mabi=spe all these nice option didn't show any
> difference to the compilation without. So my question is did I need
> to develop some special code for these option ( like use some
> special types for the SPE engine) or is something wrong with my
> compiler ?
>
> Thank you  for your help
>         Juergen Frannk

Blake Huff