position independent code on MIPS

Paul Kohout pkohout@evitechnology.com
Mon Jan 16 16:51:00 GMT 2006

How do I generate position independent code using a gcc v4.0.2
cross-compiler targeted for the mips-elf platform?

In the past, I have used the -membedded-pic option with gcc v3.3.1, but
this seems to have been deprecated in v4.0.2. I tried using the -fpic
option, but it does not seem to create any dynamic relocation table
entries for the .text section, just for data sections. Also, I've tried
using the -mabicalls option, but I can't get it to work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul