libgcc.a, et. al.
Perry Smith
pedz@easesoftware.net
Tue Jan 10 23:33:00 GMT 2006
Making slow progress...
I now have libstdc++ compiled as "standalone" I am down to "free",
"malloc", "abort", and "_restf4". free and malloc I can hook up to
net_free and net_malloc. abort I can hook up to panic. Its the
_restf14 that gets me.
It is pulled in from unwind_dw2.o of libgcc_eh.a. The IBM pubs tells
me its part of the floating point linkage convention.
So, it sounds to me like I need to recompile libgcc_eh.a with the
soft-float option.
Can someone help me do this with minimal stress?
Thanks,
Perry
On Jan 8, 2006, at 1:45 PM, David Edelsohn wrote:
>>>>>> Perry Smith writes:
>
> Perry> Maybe you can help on another item. I recall back around
> 1995 or so,
> Perry> gcc could not be used for AIX device drivers because it did not
> Perry> handle the floating point registers properly. I have only a
> vague
> Perry> memory of this. Do you recall anything like that?
>
> GCC will generate uses of floating point registers from source
> code that only describes integer computations. GCC 4.1 will do so
> less
> often, but nothing has changed to prevent it. One can use the soft-
> float
> option, but this confuses people who want to use floating point
> registers
> in code that does describe floating point computations.
>
> David
>
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list