libgcc.a, et. al.

Perry Smith pedz@easesoftware.net
Tue Jan 10 23:33:00 GMT 2006

Making slow progress...

I now have libstdc++ compiled as "standalone"  I am down to "free",
"malloc", "abort", and "_restf4".  free and malloc I can hook up to
net_free and net_malloc.  abort I can hook up to panic.  Its the
_restf14 that gets me.

It is pulled in from unwind_dw2.o of libgcc_eh.a.  The IBM pubs tells
me its part of the floating point linkage convention.

So, it sounds to me like I need to recompile libgcc_eh.a with the
soft-float option.

Can someone help me do this with minimal stress?

Thanks,
Perry