Stupid questions about MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS etc.

Frank Juergen-r58616 Juergen.Frank@freescale.com
Thu Jan 5 09:57:00 GMT 2006

Hi !!

I want to use the MULTILIB feature for my powerpc gnu compiler. The question is how I have to work with this key words ?

The only info which I has found is the paper http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Target-Fragment.html , but I need mor info and I didn't find every keyword which I found in serveral t-files. (e.g. MULTILIB_HARDFLOAT_ONLY and MULTILIB_SOFTFLOAT_ONLY (see gcc/config/rs6000/t-rtems ) )

Another important point for me are the meening of the asterisks ('*').

So how can explain the following line

MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS	= ...
			  mcpu=7400/maltivec \
			  *mcpu=7400/*mspe=no*

How I should decode the asterisk befor the mcpu option and why has the mspe=no option two asterisks ???