Xscale big endian tool-chain (how to build it?)

Ben Elliston bje@au1.ibm.com
Tue Jan 3 05:46:00 GMT 2006

(Redirected to gcc-help).

> if I understand it correctly, then libgcc.a provided in
> /home/karel/usr/local/arm-elf1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-elf/4.0.1/be/libgcc.a
> is build with -mhard-float, while my application with -msoft-float.

> Question: any idea how to build GCC tool-chain with soft-float's
> libgcc.a for big-endian Xscale? -- here I assume I'm right with my
> conclusion above, if this is not the case please correct me.

The normal procedure is that the build system will build you both soft
and hard float versions of libgcc and that you choose to use them at
your option with -msoft-float.  Why are you copying t-arm-elf files
around?  The source files in the tree should be adequate without
modification.

Ben