Antwort: Re: arm-elf-gcc with gcov option do not work

Nathan Sidwell nathan@codesourcery.com
Mon Feb 27 12:08:00 GMT 2006

Franz Kaufleitner wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> we do not use c++, we use simple c, so I'm not sure if your hint with the
> ctor function matches our problem.

gcov uses the same machinery that supports c++ dynamic initialization of static
objects, which is why I asked you to try the C++ example.  Did you try it?  What
happened? If it did work, have you tried using gcov on a C++ program?  What happens?

> But I've looked for crt0 and I've seen, that there is a gcrt0 (which
> sounds for gcov) within the standard gcc environmont but no gcrt0 within
> the am-elf-gcc environment.

no, gcrt0 is not specific to gcov.  gcrt0 is not provided by gcc.  Where is it
located?

> Can you give me information, from where I can get a gcrt0 for the
> am-elf-gcc
> OR
> what is the different between crt0 and gcrt0 ?
I do not know.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery