Timestamp Macro?

Perry Smith pedz@easesoftware.net
Wed Feb 8 13:42:00 GMT 2006

These are part of the standard.  They produce strings.  So you can do
something like:

char timestamp[] = "Compiled on " __DATE__ " at " __TIME__;

The C preprocessor will concatenate the strings.

I would also suggest hooking up to some version control system (sccs,
rcs, cvs, etc) and incorporate this time stamp into your version
control string.