Problems using GNU 4.0.2

Raoul Lie lie0001@hz.nl
Fri Feb 17 09:13:00 GMT 2006

Hello sir,

I'm a student from the University of Zeeland (in the Netherlands).
I have a question about using virtual functions and the "new" and
"delete" operators when I use GNU 4.0.2 as my compiler.

At the moment I'm developing software (C++) in Keil uVision 3V3.30a.
In my source code I'm using the "new" operator. When I do this I'm
getting 3 errors:

- error: undefined reference to 'operator new(unsigned long)
- error: undefined reference to 'operator delete(void*)
- error:  undefined reference to '__gxx_personality_sj0'

How can I solve this problem?
Do I need an extra library or so?

I also use virtual functions. Using them I also get errors:

undefined reference to 'vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info'
undefined reference to 'vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'
undefined reference to 'vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'

Can you explain to me how I can use virtual functions when I'm using GNU
4.0.2 ?

I hope you can help me.

Greetings,

Raoul Lie