GCC/Linux to produce exe files for Windows

Enrico Migliore enrico.migliore@fatti.com
Wed Feb 15 13:00:00 GMT 2006


> >  I would like to compile a C program on GCC/Linux, and would like
> >  GCC to produce an executable file for Windows (no Cygwin). Is that
> > possible?

> Sure, you will just need to build a mingw cross compiler.  You will need
> to install headers and import libraries from mingw.org and then build
> binutils and gcc as a cross compiler.  Some distros (e.g. Debian) have
> binary packages pre-built.
> Brian

Hi Brian,

 thanks for your prompt answer.

Actually, I got a Linux application and would like to build it
for Windows. The application is pure C and makes use of quite
a few libraries that Windows doesn't have, like popt and so on.

I already built the application with Cygwin but when I ran it,
within Cygwin, I got a segmentation fault signal, which DDD says,
it is issued by a pthread function.

That's why I'm trying to see if GCC can build direclty the .exe format,
from within Linux.

Enrico




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list