problems with compiler differences between version 3.3.5 and 4.0.2
Brian Budge
brian.budge@gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:46:00 GMT 2006
It seems like in this case, this should work... Usually this error is
found in conjunction with templates, at least in my experience.
I don't know the actual reason why g++ stopped being able to recognize
these kinds of types (I bet it has something to do with the
standard... anyone?), but the fix is usually easy...
try
typename A a;
Brian
On 2/2/06, Christian Weckmueller <cris.tian@web.de> wrote:
> Hello dear gcc-helper,
>
> I have a program without problems compiling with 3.3.5 but don't work with
> 4.0.2.
>
> there is on class A and another on B
> so B has a datamember an object of A, like this
>
> class A{
> ...
> };
>
> class B{
> ...
> A a; <<<<<<<
>
> };
>
> The compiler answers that:
>
> file linenumber: A does not name a type
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list