info files under windows

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sat Dec 23 09:44:00 GMT 2006


Yi Tang wrote:

> I want to know how can I read or manage those info files under windows. Any
> specific software available, just the same as the xinfo under linux.

All the same software works with Cygwin as on *nix, i.e. texinfo and
tetex.  You can use the command line 'info' viewer, or convert the
texinfo sources to PDF/PS/DVI (texi2pdf), html (makeinfo --html), etc. 
Or "make html" or "make pdf" in the build dir.  I don't know what xinfo
is but if it's an X11 app it probably works too as Cygwin has a port of
Xfree86.

All of the gcc texinfo files are online on the gcc.gnu.org web site in
html format anyway, so all you really need is a web browser.  And there
are links to download them in PDF/etc so you don't even need to do the
converting.

Brian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list