Error comparing void pointer on HP Itanium
Artūras Moskvinas
arturas.moskvinas@gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 06:34:00 GMT 2006
Radhika M G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this piece of code which compiles on HP11i (HP11.11) machine but
> throws error on HP Itanium (HP 11.23).
>
> #include<stdarg.h>
>
> main()
> {
> va_list ptr;
>
> if(ptr == NULL)
> printf("It works!");
> else
> printf("It does not work!\n");
>
> }
>
> The error thrown on itanium is:
> "rad.c", line 8: error #2041: expression must have arithmetic or pointer
> type
> if(ptr == NULL)
>
> What changes do I make in the code so that the code compiles on both HP11.11
> and HP11.23?
Hello,
Please specify your gcc versions (gcc -v) on those machines. I hope it
is gcc, the error message formating does not look usual for gcc. And
command line used to compile the code.
Arturas M.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list