add/assign problem, part 2.
David Mebane
david.mebane@mse.gatech.edu
Sun Dec 31 17:26:00 GMT 2006
Upon receiving some advice, I have attached here the entire piece of code I'm
trying to run. It's a Newton solver; LSMbdnew is the generic solver, and
bulkfunc contains the function (f) and Jacobian (jac). The whole thing may look
a little ugly to the experienced programmers on this list -- sorry.
Anyway, this will compile and run, but it won't do what it's supposed to. I
found out with gdb that the reason for this is that the function
LSMbdnew::norm(double *vec1, long num) is not executing the add/assign properly.
For some reason, it sets the collecting variable _ret_ to zero after one or two
iterations. Why? I am stumped.
Thanks,
-David
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: bulkfunc.h
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 3521 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20061231/d4fffeb1/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: LSMbdnew.h
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 2137 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20061231/d4fffeb1/attachment-0001.obj>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: testnew.cpp
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 629 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20061231/d4fffeb1/attachment-0002.obj>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list