ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .main gcc error

jayashree.nair@polaris.co.in jayashree.nair@polaris.co.in
Tue Dec 12 12:25:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

Snippet from my makefile

      eod: $(OBJ_MAIN_EOD)
              $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o EOD $(OBJ_MAIN_EOD) $(INCLUDE) -L.
-L$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib32/ $(LIBPATH)

      where
      OBJ_MAIN_EOD = $( SRC_MAIN_EOD:.c=.o)

      SRC_MAIN_EOD = eodEOD.c eodLogDebug.c eodBProcess.c

      The .c files are existing in the directory.

However the output I get is the following.
I believe it has to do something with Linking, but I cannot figure out what
it is.

      > gcc   -o EOD  -I/opt/oracle/ora9i/precomp/public
-I/opt/oracle/ora9i/rdbms/demo -I/opt/oracle/ora9i/rdbms/public -L.
-L/opt/oracle/ora9i/lib32/ -lnsl -lclntsh -lgeneric9

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .main
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

My gcc version is 4.0.0 on AIX version 5.2
And the .c files were created by Pro*C/C++: Release 9.2.0.1.0

Can somebody please help me

Regards
Jayashree Nair

Can somebody please help me with this

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polaris.co.in