gcc4.1.0: error: object missing in reference to

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese@indel.ch
Tue Dec 5 09:52:00 GMT 2006

Hi

I have a problem I don't know how to solve:

struct SINOSEventLogBuffer
{
...(snip)...
	uint8 m_cData[LOGGER_BUF_SIZE-LOGGER_HEADER_SIZE];
...(snip)...
};

m_uMaxEntrySize = sizeof(SINOSEventLogBuffer::m_cData);

And that gives me:

CINOSEventLogger.h:322: error: object missing in reference to 'SINOSEventLogBuffer::m_cData'
CINOSEventLogger.cpp:180: error: from this location

I tried to find the solution on the internet but I couldn't find much about it.

1. Is this really an error? Seems quite correct to me.
2. Is this a bug in gcc? Possibly already solved in 4.1.1 or later?

Thanks

bye   Fabi