Comments in assember output
Fabian Cenedese
Cenedese@indel.ch
Fri Dec 1 11:17:00 GMT 2006
> > > 1:func.c **** float func( float a, float b )
> > > 2:func.c **** {
> > > 36 LM1:
> > > 37 0000 55 pushl %ebp
> > > 38 0001 89E5 movl %esp, %ebp
> > > 40 LM2:
> > > 41 0003 D9450C flds 12(%ebp)
> > >
> > >This appears to be the sort of output you are looking for, right?
> >
> > That sounds usefull, I could use that as well. But when I tried it
> > it didn't mix the lines, I just got (almost) all lines from the cpp
> > source file and after that the assembler code. There are several
> > functions in the cpp file, so at least those should be separatable
> > in the assembler code. I compiled without optimization so the
> > functions should not be intermingled. I tried the various -a flags
> > but it didn't work so far.
>
>That's the way that gcc works. The optimizers rearrange the functions
>and output them in dependency order. "-fno-unit-at-a-time" might
>help.
Even if I don't use optimization? But it didn't help either, still big
blocks of code. With -fverbose-asm I see the switch on and off,
but the rest of the output is exactly the same.
bye Fabi
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list