Turning warning off

Young, Michael Michael.Young@paetec.com
Thu Aug 31 21:40:00 GMT 2006

I went to look in the documentation for this, because I am interested, too.
I did see section 3.8 - "Options to Request or Suppress Warnings", but I did not find exactly what I was hoping for.  Specifically, I'm looking for a way to turn off a specific warning inline, with the ability to restore it again - analogous to the #pragma warning directive supported in MS VC++ (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclang/html/_predir_warning.asp for details).
I did a web search for this, too, and found that others have asked similar questions, but never found a definitive answer.  Based on this, I would assume that the answer is "no, the functionality you're looking for is not implemented in gcc".
Does anyone know anything contrary to this?