Gcc On Solaris Sparc Versus Solaris Intel

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Tue Aug 15 11:36:00 GMT 2006

On Aug 14, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Thomas Dineen wrote:
> Gentle People?

Wow, someone's been spreading false accusations about us.  :-)

> I am currently running gcc 3.1 on both my Ultra 5
> Solaris 8 Sparc machine and on Solaris 8 Intel machine.
> The Application C source code that compiles and executes
> perfectly on the Ultra 5 will not compile on the Intel machine!

The gcc mainline list is the wrong place for such questions.  Please
don't cross post to more than one list.  All user questions should go
to gcc-help only.

> The compilation errors, shown below

Actually, you hide all the detail that would normally allow us to
answer the question.  gcc -E has the detail that should make this case
clear.  If you review it, it should lead the way.