To know the command

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Wed Aug 9 15:12:00 GMT 2006

Lakshman wrote:

> Can you tell me for a command that yoused for compilation gcc
> -pendantic

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.

If you want to know what -pedantic does: it's described here:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/Warning-Options.html

If you want to know how it does it: it turns on more strict syntax checks in
GCC's C parsing code.

If you want an example of something that uses -pedantic: GCC uses it when
building itself. The idea is that you can bootstrap GCC using another ISO C
compiler and so GCC checks that its own C front-end and the back-end conform
strictly to ISO C.

Hope that helped!
Rup.