about -00 option of gcc

Kai Ruottu karuottu@mbnet.fi
Tue Aug 29 11:09:00 GMT 2006

Lin George wrote :
> Thank you for your reply. The manual I am referring to
> is,
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.1/gcc.pdf
>
> What manual are you using to find the description for
> -00 option? I would like to download it. Could you
> provide an URL please?

 Maybe you are meaning "-OO" (two 'O's, this being unexisting, not
the usual "-O0"  (One 'O' plus zero) ?  Anyway the HTML one for
gcc-4.1.1 :

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#Optimize-Options

lists this just as expected, after the '-O3' and before the '-Os'... Also
the PDF manual you told being using, had it on the page 78.  Searching
the '-O0' in Acrobat Reader 7 gave 4 hits in this 'gcc.pdf'.  So what is
the problem ?