Migration of cross compiler to GCC 3.4.6

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Aug 24 17:47:00 GMT 2006

Mohamed Shafi <shafitvm@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am upgrading a cross compiler from 3.2 to 3.4.6
> I had to change some of the TARGET description macros in target.h file
> for otherwise while building i am getting "attempt to use poisoned" errors

It's OK to send this kind of question to gcc@gcc.gnu.org, since it
concerns doing development with gcc rather than merely using gcc.

> 2.	#define CONST_COSTS(RTX, CODE, OUTER_CODE)      \
>   		case CONST_INT:				\
>     			return target_const_costs (RTX, OUTER_CODE);   \
>   		case CONST: 					\
>     			return 5;                                   \
>   		case LABEL_REF:				\
>     			return 1;                                   \
>   		case SYMBOL_REF:				\
>     			return ((TARGET_SMALL_MODEL)? 2: 3);        \
>   		case CONST_DOUBLE:				\
>       			return 10;
>
>       	i dont know the corresponding macro in 3.4.6

This is also part of TARGET_RTX_COSTS.

>   except for TARGET_CPU_CPP_BUILTINS i dont know how to rewrite the existing
> macros for 3.4.6

The macros are now functions in the CPU.c file.  Define the TARGET_XXX
macro in your CPU.c file to be the name of the static function in that
file which implements the functionality.  See the many examples in the
existing backends.

Ian