GCC ARM Cross Linker Problem

Kanwal Preet Singh CHANANA kanwalpreet.singh@st.com
Mon Aug 21 11:20:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I am porting my project from ADS from ARM to GCC ARM Tool chain. I am able to compile my source files but fail to link.
I have a symbols file (symbols.o) with absolute symbols addresses in format
Symboladdress SymbolType Symbolname e.g

0x000002a8 D CurTask
0x00c008f8 T MaskInterrupt

These symbols are located in ROM( code built with ADS) & project image will be in flash. When I use this same file during build with ARM ADS, it works fine but with GCC ARM tool chain,I get following error message

"./symbols.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized"

Can anybody please tell me the solution to this error? Can I link objects built with ADS with GCC ARM ?

Regards,
Kanwal