Linker Problem Help Required

Manish Baphna manish_baphna@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 11:03:00 GMT 2006

Hi ,

I am Manish, a SW engr from INDIA .
I found some threads about linking error on
gcc.gnu.org while searching for some trouble I am
facing . I couldn't  see the exact solution so thought
of mailing to this maillist. I would appreciate if you
can spare some time in replying to me.
I am trying to build a DLL using

bash>> g++ -g -shared -o Me.dll <Various ".o"s/ ".a"s>

But when use that DLL , my program crashes because
some symbols are not resoved.
bash> ld Me.dll
ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; not
setting start address
Me.dll: undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `endl(ostream &)'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `__rtti_user'
Me.dll: undefined reference to
`ostream::operator<<(ostream &(*)(ostream &))'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `__rtti_si'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `__rethrow'
Me.dll: undefined reference to
`ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `terminate(void)'
Me.dll: undefined reference to
`ostream::operator<<(int)'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `__builtin_delete'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `__builtin_new'
Me.dll: undefined reference to `cout'

These things started popping up when I moved to
gcc323. Initially I was using gcc2.95 and everything
was fine. I have already built all dependent
archive/object files using gcc3.2.3.

Do you think you can help me here..?
It would be of great value.

Thanx in Advance for your time