GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES. Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

Rowan Potgieter baldo.forum@gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:41:00 GMT 2006

Hi guys
I've changed my native compiler to GCC 3.3.6 from 4.10 which came with
SuSE 10.1, possibly I stuffed it up!
When attempting to compile GCC 3.4.4 for an arm-linux toolchain i get
the following error:

checking float.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: float.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: float.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: float.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: float.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: float.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: float.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ----------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the package-unused lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ----------------------------------------- ##
checking for float.h... yes
checking for endian.h... (cached) no
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) no
checking locale.h usability... no
checking locale.h presence... no
checking for locale.h... no
checking for float.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) no
checking for main in -lm... configure: error: Link tests are not
allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1

Is this related to possibly me installing/configuring my native
compiler incorrectly?