libstdc++-v3 of gcc 4.1.0 fails during configure on Mac OS X and Cygwin

Hermann-Simon Lichte hermann@zitmail.uni-paderborn.de
Thu Apr 13 09:39:00 GMT 2006

> I am not sure why this occurs but it can be more of a configure error
> than a gcc error.
>
> Moreover trying buiding with same options but end a directory like
> --prefix=/a/ instead of --prefix=/a .
>
> Can tell me how you are building the stuff. Like the steps and
> commands you used.

I copied the libgloss and the newlib directory of the latest newlib
release (1.14) into the gcc source tree and configured with the
following parameters:

--target=powerpc-eabi --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-powerpc-eabi --with-
local-prefix=/usr/local/gcc-powerpc-eabi --enable-languages=c,c++ --
with-newlib

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Hermann