GCC Vector Extensions

Christian Schoenebeck cuse@users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 15 00:58:00 GMT 2006

Es geschah am Friday, 7. April 2006 22:17 als Greg Buchholz schrieb:
> Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> > b) We wondered [2] what the currently best way is to access single
> > elements of one vector. Currently the only solution we saw is to use a
> > union trick
>
> /* I don't know if this qualifies as good, but here's some things
>    I've used before  */

Oh, it officially qualified as good! We just made some benchmarks [1] to
compare our old union trick vs. your straight forward type casts and your
solutions were always faster, often even quite a lot. So as we thought, gcc
doesn't like that union thing very much.

Thanks!

CU
Christian

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=10134400&forum_id=12792