Static linking C++

Olivier Delannoy olivier.delannoy@gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 09:57:00 GMT 2006

Hello,
I have a problem with an application that should be statically linked.
This application is written in C++. I am aware of the need of dynamic
linking of application when using Exception and RTTI. RTTI is not a
problem because I am not using it at all. What I would like to clarify
is the exception problem.

Supposing a  library A (C++) used by a program and I wanted to link A
statically within the program. Is there anyway to use exception within
the limit of the library or must I remove all exception from the
library ?