GCC 3.x or 4.x with Checker

Thu Apr 6 16:04:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

What ever happened to the Checker GCC
(http://www.gnu.org/software/checker/) that was around towards GCC
2.8/EGCS 2.95 time frame.

My understanding of this bounds checking was that fairly minor
modifications to the compiler were necessary to add the necessary
changes to code output.  This was done with the -fcheck-memory-usage
argument to GCC.  Then you simply wrapped all your code with the
necessary bounds checking, most of libc wrapper was already included in
the Checker package.

Is it possible to revive this package for use with GCC 3.x or 4.x ?

I have searched the list and found some references to valgrind package
which is another angle on tackling similar bugs, however it runs the
resulting code under a CPU emulator.  I already have legacy code which
can be built with gcc-checker and would like to reuse all that work to
investigate new bugs.

Darryl