WG: g++ 3.01 on HP-UX 11.0, stack size too large?

Puetz, Oliver P11M22 Puetz.Oliver@siemens.com
Wed Apr 5 07:07:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I've written a program, which allocates locally (within a subroutine)
approx. a little bit lesser than 8k of memory (I guess, as there are
also objects). Mainly float vars. If I increase the number of the float
vars, the program aborts with a Memory fault (core dump).

Is it possible that the program aborts, if the local var size on the
stack exceeds 8k? Or can I specify a compiler flag to increase the stack
size for local variables?

Kind regards

Oliver Puetz