installing problm
corey taylor
corey.taylor@gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 05:34:00 GMT 2005
Hitha,
You'll need to install a gcc package as you don't have a compiler to
comile anything with much less gcc!
Please post some information on your distribution.
corey
On 9/21/05, Hitha Nambiar <hithar@gmail.com> wrote:
> i am trying to configure and install Apache When I download the file and e
> xtract it from the tar file . However, when I try to configure it I
> get an error
> ressponse that says
>
> ERROR: could not find a C compiler
>
> I then searched the internet and found gcc, but when i tried to
> configure it is said
> configuring for a i86-pc-linux-gnuoldld host
> created makefile in home/cvsroot/gcc-3.0.4 using mt-frag
> ./configure :cc: comand not found
> *** The command 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c' failed.
> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
>
> I am about as new as you can be in linux
> please tell me how ill set the environment variable cc to a working compiler
> Hitha
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list