system inc and dynamic linker change

Aseem Rastogi aseem@india.tejasnetworks.com
Thu Sep 15 09:47:00 GMT 2005


i am not sure about existing application but for a new program 
-Wl,--dynamic-linker option works. i successfully did it for simple 
hello world kind of programs but when i created shared libraries using 
this option, it didn;t work and they seemed to be linked to default linker.

try compiling gcc with this option to escape --dynamic-linker everytime.

regards,
aseem.

KRAJCSOVITS Gyorgy wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'd like to compile a gcc that uses:
> - /opt23/usr/include instead of /usr/include
>   (and similar for other system include dirs)
>
> - instructs linker to use /opt23/lib/ld-linux.so.2 instead of
>   /lib/ld-linux.so.2
>   (Maybe this is a binutils issue, but it seems like binutils gets its
>   deafults from gcc when compiling binutils)
>
> The idea is to be able to compile programs for another glibc, but I'm 
> not root, so I won't be able to use it in it's normal location. So 
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 won't point to the new one. I tried to create a 
> cross compile toolchain but was unsuccessfull so far.
>
> Is there a way to change the dynamic linker of an existing application ?
>
>> From /lib/ld-linux.so.2 to /opt23/lib/ld-linux.so.2 ?
>
>
> bye, krajo
>
>


-- 
The end is always good. If it's not good, it's not the end.





More information about the Gcc-help mailing list