gcc building for sony aibos

Nuno Lopes ncpl@mega.ist.utl.pt
Fri Sep 9 19:41:00 GMT 2005


Hi,

I'm trying to build gcc 3.4.4 (I've also tried gcc 4.0.1) with newlib-1.13.0 
and binutils-2.16.1.
This is a special build for the sony's aibo robots (which use a MIPS 
processor).

Sony has provided a build script for gcc 3.3.2. I've tried to put it working 
with newer gcc, but with no luck.
Can somebody please take a look at the script, please?
http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~ncpl/build-devtools-3.4.4.sh

the Open-R SDK is available at: 
https://openr.aibo.com/openr/eng/perm/openrsdk/download/download.php4


Thanks in advance,
Nuno


P.S.: The error I'm getting:

mkdir -p -- libgcc
if [ -f stmp-dirs ]; then true; else touch stmp-dirs; fi
/tmp/aibo/bld-gcc-3.4.4/gcc/xgcc -B/tmp/aibo/bld-gcc-3.4.4/gcc/ -B/usr/local/OPEN_R_SDK/mipsel-linux/bin/ 
 -B/usr/local/OPEN_R_SDK/mipsel-linux/lib/ -isystem 
/usr/local/OPEN_R_SDK/mipsel-linux/include -isystem 
/usr/local/OPEN_R_SDK/mipsel-linux/sys-include -O2  -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE 
   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition 
  -isystem 
./include  -fPIC -g  -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED  -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc 
 -I../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/../include   -DL_muldi3 -c 
../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/libgcc2.c -o libgcc/./_muldi3.o
In file included from ./tm.h:13,
                 from ../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/libgcc2.c:43:
../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/config/mips/linux.h:198: error: parse error before 
"stack_t"
../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/config/mips/linux.h:198: warning: no semicolon at end of 
struct or union
../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/config/mips/linux.h:201: error: parse error before '}' 
token
../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/config/mips/linux.h:201: warning: type defaults to `int' 
in declaration of `_sig_ucontext_t'
../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/config/mips/linux.h:201: warning: data definition has no 
type or storage class
../../gcc-3.4.4/gcc/config/mips/linux.h:199: error: storage size of 
`uc_mcontext' isn't known
make[2]: *** [libgcc/./_muldi3.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/aibo/bld-gcc-3.4.4/gcc'
make[1]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/aibo/bld-gcc-3.4.4/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list