Compiling for AMD Turion 64

Arturas Moskvinas arturas.moskvinas@gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 15:01:00 GMT 2005


> I would like to know which compiler flags are optimal for compiling for 
> AMD Turion 64 mobile processor. If they are different for 32 and 64 bit 
> mode I would like to know the differences. For example If I get the mcpu 
> right it should now be set to athlon-xp if compiling for 32-bit mode and 
> athlon64 if compiling for 64 bit mode. Or are there some more specific 
> settings for AMD Turion 64?
> 
> Also is there much difference in support for AMD Turion 64 in GCC 3.4.4 
> and 4.0.2?
> 
> Thank in advance for all your answers and help!

AMD Turion 64 CPU is the same AMD Athlon 64, only with a better power
consumption, so there is no "special" or "specific" settings for AMD
Turion 64.

About the difference between GCC 3.4.4 and 4.0.2 I do not know, but I
think 4.0.X GCC generates a bi better code than 3.4.4 (but you have to
benchmark your program to be for sure...)

Arturas M.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list