g77
bud davis
bdavis9659@sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 21 20:10:00 GMT 2005
>
>
>Hello, I am using a linux machine and am new to learning this OS. I
>have used gcc in the passed, and was under the assumption that the
>version of Fedora that I partitioned came with g77 gnu, on it standard.
> Typing 'g77' in the terminal however yields no results. I am under the
>new assumption that I must download a new gnu g77 compiler for my linux
>OS. Any help in locating the software and instructions on installing it
>would be much appreciated. Thank you.
>-Ian
>
g77 has been retired and replaced with gfortran. if gfortran does not
work for
your code, you can install g77 from any of the gcc-3.X releases. These
can be
obtained in rpm format from the fedora download sites, or you can build
g77 from
source avaliable from gcc.gnu.org.
to run gfortran, just enter "gfortran" just the same way you did "g77".
There are
differences in options and such, but there is a goof chance it will just
work.
if this doesn't make sense, send me the version of Fedora you are
running, and the
architecture, and i will e-mail you a link to an rpm that will work.
enjoy programming with the "one true programming language" !!
regards,
bud davis
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list