Help needed with gcov
Nathan Sidwell
nathan@codesourcery.com
Thu Oct 20 14:53:00 GMT 2005
Sunil Kher wrote:
> Hi, does any one know where can I get some help with the code coverage
> tool gcov? The problems I have are a couple.
>
> 1. .da files are not generated for each source code file compiled with
> -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage options but only for some.
> 2. Even for the ones where .da files are generated, gcov states that
> none of the code was executed when I can see that some particular lines
> were executed. e.g. cout << "Hello World" will show me the output but
> gcov will state that the line was never executed.
>
> Do you know where I can find some help?
>
> Thanx, Sunil.
> 407-916-3521.
>
> PS: The version I am using for gcov is 1.5 and gcc version is 2.95.3
> 20010315 (release) running on Sun-Solaris.
There is too little information here to give specific suggestions. However, if
it turns out that gcov is buggy (as opposed to just being invoked incorrectly),
it will not be fixed. To get a fix, you'll need to update to a much more recent
release.
nathan
--
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
nathan@codesourcery.com :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list