adding a MIPS instruction with operands to GCC

Eric Christopher echristo@apple.com
Wed Oct 12 23:45:00 GMT 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 4:40 PM, guru venky wrote:

> I am trying to add a mips instruction with operands to gcc. Basically
> I want an instruction that acts as marker for a future instruction.
>
> as an example,
>
> if i want a marker for addi R1,constant (add immediate) instruction, i
> would do something like
>
> marker constant
>
> to be emitted by gcc.
>
> can anyone help me achieve this,

You'll want to edit mips.md and add the pattern for the instruction that
you want to emit. If it duplicates existing functionality you'll need to
modify the existing pattern that has that functionality to not match
anymore.

-eric