Installing gcc,g++ for windows xp

cino hilliard hillcino368@hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:03:00 GMT 2005

Hi,
Several months ago I was able to download and install gcc,g++ and cygwin and
use the c++
compiler for various c programs. This was working fine for a long time.

Then trying to solve another problem with Pari I blew the gcc compiler.
Trying to fix this I ended up
deleting what I had figuring that I could download it again. Here is what I
had in folder gcc.

Somehow I am unable to find where to download this from again. Several
sources point to
cygwin and mingw.

Well
After hours and hours of searching I solved it.

To install gcc-g++ binaries on a windows xp can be a makor chore if you try
to find out how by
browsing the net. By luck after many hours of searching, I stumbled on the
mingw 5.0 executable

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/MinGW-5.0.0.exe?download

Download this installer.

This allows quick installation on your system and you don't have to fiddle
with the environment
variables.

It is mind boggling why this is not in a topic or in the FAQ of the many gcc
pages out there.

I suggest that someone post this in the pages with the link with key words
installing gcc,g++,for
windows etc. This will save bandwidth considerably as I downloaded many many
files before I
stumbled on the answer.

If Ii missed it and it IS out there, please forgive me.

Cino