Compiling and Linking help

corey taylor corey.taylor@gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:07:00 GMT 2005

> Hi.
>  It took me time to understand that ODR stays for One Definition Rule...

Yes, even #ifndef/#define/#endif wrappers wouldn't help here.

>  I always thought that if compiler meets function definition, and he didn't
> meet it's declaration before, than it is implicit suggestion to inline
> the function
> (like with the inline member functions of a class).

No, only functions with a body that are defined inside of the class
declaration are implicitly inline, everything else must be marked
inline at definition.

What *might* work, and I've not tested this with gcc, is the use of a
pre-compiled heeader that includes your a.h file so that it isn't
constantly parsed and defined.

corey