GCC overview for a compiler construction student

Andrey Belevantsev andrey.belevantsev@gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:32:00 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm working on gcc for about one year. Part of my job is giving an
overview of gcc from a compiler writer point of view to the students
visiting a compiler construction course. I've tried hard to find a
paper that aims to describe gcc using this way, but failed.  Does
everybody know about such a document? Usually I point people to the
gcc wiki, internals manual, gcc summit proceedings, and the source. I
do realize that the chance of 'gcc for starting compiler writers'
existence is very small, but thought someone could use this in some
other compiler course.

Yours, Andrey