doubt in Static Builds

Pramod P K pra.engr@gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:59:00 GMT 2005

Hi,
I got crosstool-0.38.
I built toolchain  arm-softfloat-linux-gnu. By default
arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-gcc gives "dynamically linked (uses shared
libs)" ELF on
# arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-gcc  file.c
I want, by default,  "statically linked"

In crosstool-howto.html it is said:

Static Builds

If for some reason you want the resulting toolchain binaries to be
statically linked, set the following environment variables before
running crosstool.sh (or all.sh):
BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG="LDFLAGS=-all-static"
GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="LDFLAGS=-static"

When i put it in arm-softfloat.dat,  it gives error.

I did search for its place in other files also, like crosstool.sh,
that comes before all.sh

I hv also tried with "--disable-shared" in crosstool.sh, arm-softfloat.dat

Where exactly these options need to be placed?

With thanx n regards,
Pramod