getting a runtime error : undefined symbol in the shared object

phanikumar.ankireddy@tcs.com phanikumar.ankireddy@tcs.com
Thu Nov 10 08:31:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

Right now I am porting an application from solaris to Red hat linux.

I have faced a run time problem while running my application.

The error says that " undefined symbol in the shared object"

We are using dlopen() to open a library.

One of the arguments used inside that dlopen() in the place of flag
"RTLD_LAZY" for solaris.

Should I change the argument to RTLD_NOW or RTLD_GLOBAL in Linux ?  or

Should I include some more options in the linker if so what are the
options?

I am unable to find the exact  meaning of that error.

Regards
Phani Kumar

Any suggestions would help me a lot.

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you