GCC 4.0 x86: How do I specify SSE2 registers in clobber list of inline assembly?
Wyss, Felix
FelixW@inin.com
Tue Nov 8 19:15:00 GMT 2005
Good afternoon,
We have some inline assembly that uses SSE2 registers. I wrote that code originally for GCC 3.4 and we're now moving to GCC 4.0. I specified the SSE2 registers in the clobber list as follows:
: "%xmm0", "%xmm1", "%xmm2", "%xmm3", "%xmm4", "%xmm5");
GCC 4.0 flags this with the following error:
error: unknown register name '%xmm5' in 'asm'
error: unknown register name '%xmm4' in 'asm'
error: unknown register name '%xmm3' in 'asm'
error: unknown register name '%xmm2' in 'asm'
error: unknown register name '%xmm1' in 'asm'
error: unknown register name '%xmm0' in 'asm'
This successfully compiled with GCC 3.4. I also tried omitting the '%' sign with no luck. How do I specify SSE2 registers in the clobber list?
Thanks,
--Felix
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list