STL vector

Mws mws@twisted-brains.org
Wed Nov 2 18:50:00 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 11:01, Dima Sorkin wrote:
> > i'll think i'll implement my own templates for the std::<classes> with
> > extended safety.
>  Before you do it, try debug mode of STLport (www.stlport.org).
> It is almost paranoidal mode, it checks things you could not even
> fantasize about.
>
> Regards,
>  Dima.

yes, i downloaded it and had a look at the source:

  void pop_back() {
    --this->_M_finish;
    _Destroy(this->_M_finish);
  }

the same unchecked stuff :)

so, still there is the option to have my own classes.
sometimes, standards are of a crazy design imho.

performance does matter _all_ time,
safety, code reduction is like an unreal feature.

thus better do reinvent a wheel by creating your own kind of STL?
know all issues and trapdoors.
if you fall into one, wonder and wonder,
have look at bits/.....h and find out,
that a sigsegv is not caused by the push_back(T),
but by a long time ago pop_back() at totally different position of source.

regards
marcel